Savic Motorcycles intends to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, share, and safeguard information that we collect.
Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:
(1) information from or about you or your devices;
(2) information from or about your Savic Motorcycles vehicle; and
(3) information from or about your Savic Motorcycles products.
Depending on the Savic Motorcycles products and services you request, own, or use, not all these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party vehicle repair or service centres, and social media platforms.
- Savic Motorcycles Account: Customers who purchase certain Savic Motorcycles products will receive a Savic Motorcycles Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Savic Motorcycles Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your Savic Motorcycles products; and general information about your Savic Motorcycles products (including, for example, vehicle identification number or other product serial number, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your Savic Motorcycles Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a Savic Motorcycles store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test drive, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the Savic Motorcycles App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
- You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
From or about your Savic Motorcycles vehicle
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Savic Motorcycles vehicle, including:
- Telematics log data: To improve our vehicles and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Savic Motorcycles vehicle, including: vehicle identification number; speed information; odometer readings; battery use management information; battery charging history; electrical system functions; software version information; infotainment system data; safety-related data and camera images (including information regarding the vehicle’s SRS systems, braking and acceleration, security, e-brake, and accidents); short video clips of accidents; information regarding the use and operation of Autopilot, Summon, and other features; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analysing the performance of the vehicle. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to your Savic Motorcycles vehicle to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the vehicle (such as contacts, browsing history, navigation history, and radio listening history). This dynamic connection also enables us to view the current location of your vehicle, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within Savic Motorcycles.
- Other vehicle data: In order to help improve our products and services, we may collect and store other vehicle data, including: data about accidents involving your Savic Motorcycles vehicle (e.g., air bag deployment and other recent sensor data); data about remote services (e.g., remote lock/unlock, start/stop charge, and honk-the-horn commands); a data report to confirm that your vehicle is online together with information about the current software version and certain telematics data; vehicle connectivity information; data about any issues that could materially impair operation of your vehicle; data about any safety-critical issues; and data about each software and firmware update. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Service history: In order to facilitate the servicing of your car, we may collect and process data about the service history of each Savic Motorcycles vehicle, such as the customer’s name, vehicle identification number, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any customer complaints, and any other information related to its service history.
- Charging station information: We may collect information regarding the charge rate and charging stations used by you (including outlets) in order to, e.g., analyse which charging stations are being utilized, how long and efficient battery charges are, and where additional charging stations are needed.
- Advanced features:
- We may provide you with features in your Savic Motorcycles vehicle, such as real-time traffic, which make use of the road segment data of your vehicle and we may share this data with partners that contribute similar data to help us provide the service, but we only collect or share the data in a way that does not identify you or your car. We also may collect similar data in connection with other features, such as the navigation data for the online routing feature, and may share it with business partners where necessary to provide the feature to you, but, again, we only collect or share the data in a way that does not identify you or your car. We also only collect or share this data if you enable this collection, although if you do so, your vehicle may send this data to Savic Motorcycles and its partners even if you are not actively using a feature that needs this information. You can enable or disable the collection and sharing of this data at any time via the “DATA SHARING” setting in Controls > Settings > Safety & Security.
- To further help develop and improve autonomous safety features, we may collect short video clips using the car’s external cameras to learn how to recognize things like lane lines, street signs, and traffic light positions. These short video clips are not linked to your vehicle identification number and we have ensured that there is no way to search our system for clips that are associated with a specific car. You can enable or disable the collection of these clips any time via the “DATA SHARING” setting in Controls > Settings > Safety & Security.
If you no longer wish us to collect telematics log data or any other data from your Savic Motorcycles vehicle, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of telematics log data or any other data from your Savic Motorcycles vehicle (with the exception of the Data Sharing setting detailed above), we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your vehicle in real time. This may result in your vehicle suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your vehicle including periodic software and firmware updates, remote services, and interactivity with mobile applications and in-car features such as location search, Internet radio, voice commands, and web browser functionality.
From or about your Savic Motorcycles energy products
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Savic Motorcycles energy products or your home from you, via a certified installer when one of our energy advisers visits your home, from your electric utility, or from the installed products (directly or via paired equipment, such as an inverter), including:
- We may collect information about your product, such as your installation date, number of products installed, and serial number(s).
- We may collect information about your home, such as the dimensions of your roof, the configuration of your electric system, and the capacity of any existing solar system.
- In order to provide and improve our energy products and services, we may collect data regarding where your product is installed and how it is configured, data related to the product’s use and performance, data regarding your home energy consumption, and other data relevant to diagnose issues.
If you no longer wish us to collect performance data or any other data from your Savic Motorcycles energy product, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of performance data from your Savic Motorcycles energy product, we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your energy product in real time. This may result in your energy product suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your energy product including periodic software and firmware updates.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for the purposes listed below:
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your Savic Motorcycles test drive, a home visit by one of our energy advisers, or the installation of your energy product.
- To advise you of important safety-related information about your vehicle or energy product or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your vehicle.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
- Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
- Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, including:
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product financing, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide service to your Savic Motorcycles product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
- To monitor your Savic Motorcycles product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyse and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, Savic Motorcycles may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to Savic Motorcycles products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
- With other third-party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your Savic Motorcycles products. We share limited information from or about you or your Savic Motorcycles products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, title companies, electric utilities, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our certified installers, where we do not directly sell you the energy products that you have requested, or with third party utilities or energy services companies, where you have agreed to allow them to monitor or control your energy product.
- With third party service centres or providers, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain Savic Motorcycles products and may be accessible directly to the third-party service centres or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your Savic Motorcycles product.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
Savic Motorcycles may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, Savic Motorcycles, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as:
- With your employer or other fleet operator or the owner of the Savic Motorcycles product, if you do not directly own it and as authorized under applicable law.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt into that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Cross Border Transfers
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or services. These include:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
- Disabling the collection of telematics log data from your vehicle.
- Enabling or disabling the collection and sharing of certain data to support advanced features in your vehicle.
- Disabling the collection of performance data from your Savic Motorcycles energy product.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability about the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
- You can access your Savic Motorcycles Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may contact us at the address below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the e-mail address that you use to send us your request, or we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your Savic Motorcycles product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the Savic Motorcycles product.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to Savic Motorcycles.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
Updates to this Policy
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us:
- via e‐mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your e-mails to us.
Last Updated February 2020